Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Procrastination

So the long road of stitching around my piece is slightly unappealing. I guess once I know how something will turn out and the "figuring it out" is over, I get a bit bored. It will happen--it's just slightly less exciting, and my mind is on to the next thing. So I'm looking for another fabric line that inspires me. I love the idea of printing my own fabric someday, and then using it in my pieces. I just haven't figured out what process I would use. I love poking around on Etsy. I came across a couple today that are really fun.
The first pillow is by Jesse Breytenbach from Cape Town, South Africa. The print on this pillow reminds me of my mom's dress patterns when I was little--it's retro, but the dots make it new and fun. She blocks prints her designs, and creates many other beautiful pillows, buttons, trims and more. You can find her work on Etsy: www.henrikuikens.etsy.com....I also came across Helen Rawlinson (2nd pic), a textile designer from the UK. This pillow is called the lollipop pillow--love the name--it's so bright and would give any boring couch more pop. She screen prints her fabrics and uses them to create pillows, bags, tea towels, etc. She can be found on Etsy at: www.helenrawlinson.etsy.com, and on her blog: www.helenrawlinson.blogspot.com...okay, back to work....

1 comment: