Sunday, March 25, 2012

Nesting

For some reason, I'm obsessed with books this weekend. We have so many, and I love them, but they are everywhere. We even have a bookshelf in one of our bathrooms. I guess we are lucky to have places for them, but with a small house it get a little crazy. I started with the shelves in the living room. I painted the backs of the shelves a pink/red a couple of years ago, but had a lot of picture frames, vases (crap), etc...and no books. I found an article in InStyle (I think) about a designer that featured her bookcases, and I was inspired. I decided to keep some of the "stuff", but also incorporate my art book collection. I love how the books are horizontal and vertical. It creates its own pattern, and I am enjoying seeing my favorite artists names in my space. I wish I had a before pic because it looks so much better...I won't share pictures of the stacks of books I have created to give to this friend of our who is a book reseller. They aren't very pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment