Thursday, October 25, 2012

3 Wise Monkeys





As an Elementary Art Teacher teaching at a VERY Halloween-friendly school, I feel compelled to come up with a creative costume every year. I have two other art teacher colleaugues, and we usually come up with a group idea. Lynn had this great idea to use paper bags to make feathered vests and then add a beak, but our school parade snuck up on us, and it was too complicated. This morning the "speak no evil, hear no evil, see no evil" monkeys popped into my head for some reason, so I googled "paper bag monkey". Paper Source (an awesome paper/art supplies store, if you haven't heard of it) did these sock monkeys (top pic). So, I copied their idea, but added the arms. We are going to wear them on our heads, and cut holes so we can see. We'll see how it works....

No comments:

Post a Comment