Wednesday, April 11, 2012

New Work

Still waiting on the new scraps to come from Umbrella Prints in Australia. Today, I pulled out the papers I bought in Asheville last week and opened my sketchbook to a crayon drawing I did of a riverbed in Cherokee. I was frustrated with my inability to capture the actual colors to my liking, so I scrapped my first drawing, and went a little "fauve", and used contrasting bright colors, and just focused on the shapes. It was a fun drawing to make. I am recreating the drawing in paper, and plan to using thread stitching to highlight certain aspects, and add texture. The process is very similar to my fabric piecing process, which helps. It will be interesting to see how the stitching looks on the collage. Finished the paper piecing...thinking about metallic thread...

No comments:

Post a Comment